Most recent on top…
There are many things I wanted to know about Penang and Malaysia, and couldn’t find on the web. This blog, will, I hope gradually cover these matters.
The blog also helps clear out my brain of things I think, so I can move on and think of other things.
I try to write a new blog every three days – e.g 3rd, 6th, 9th etc. of the month
I update previous blogs with new information, but often don’t really bother marking what the updates are. Sometimes I might use italics to distinguish new material.
Now two thirds through “Blogging for Dummies”.
In the future I hope to cover:
- Why retire to Malaysia
- Buying a house, a condo or renting
- Selling your tax-free car
- Gardening in the tropics – aka – growing stuff on concrete under an unrelenting sun
- A typical day for this tropical retiree
- Local restaurants
- The German invasion of Penang – the sudden proliferation of German restaurants in Penang this past few months
- Living with (or hopefully without) mosquitoes
- 20 pence per hour is too much for parking!!
- To Singapore by train
- To Bangkok by train
- Attractions in Penang
- Day trips from Penang
- Walking in Penang for the non-suicidal
- Couch surfing
- Sunshine is good for you – sunscreens are not
- Making your own… simple recipes for stuff that’s good for you
- Tropical fruit smoothies – so nice you don’t even put vodka in them
- Interviews with expats and others of interest
- Expats who don’t speak English (or Bahasa, Hokkien, or Tamil)
- Can you live without the Internet?
and some more esoteric topics
- I threw away my walking stick and started running after I learnt Reiki
- MMS and me
- My guardian angel helps me park
- Sungazing? How’s that working out for you?
- Past life regression – gee, you mean I wasn’t a pharaoh in a past life?
Hi. I’m new to this blogging thing. And I am only half way through “Blogging for Dummies”, so I’m planning to edit this page once I know what I am supposed to be doing.