Mrs Tropical Expat noticed on this Japanese blog that Miraku has a Saturday lunch buffet. As this is our favourite Japanese restaurant here, we immediately booked. (+604 229 8702).
The below gives more details:
A rough list of what was served when we dined is as follows.
- Mango, orange, pineapple juices.
- Hot and iced green tea
- Instant coffee
- Japanese salads including potato salad, green salad, jellyfish salad, and several others
- Sushi including custom-made roll sushi on request
- Sashimi – salmon, tuna, octopus, scallops, and several others I don’t know the name of
- Queen crab (boiled)
- Karaage (fried chicken Japanese style)
- Chawan mushi
- Grilled fish
- Salmon garlic rice and plain rice
- Takoyaki (octopus balls)
- Edamame and Soramame
- Udon and o-soba
- Sesame and vanilla icecream
- Anmin Dofu
The food quality is very good, and they replace anything that runs out, or you can just ask if they haven’t yet done so. The “juices” very sugary, so I stuck to the green tea. The total for two with all taxes was RM136.90. Strangely, as soon as you start eating they come and charge. Otherwise, heartily recommended.
For more photos, please see the aforementioned Japanese blog.
First sitting: 11:30 – 13:00
Second sitting:13:15 – 14:45
Children: RM35++ (children under 5 years old, free)
G Hotel, 1F
Gurney Drive, Penang
+604 229 8702