I found the following information in the Buletin Mutiara:
Alternatively you can email email@example.com or call 04-2592120.
They say all input will be private and confidential.
This is the first time I recall any government actually asking me how they should spend my money. I am impressed.
They are asking with regards to these topics:
- Municipal Council of Penang Island Project
- Parking Facilities
- Public Facilities
- Persons with Disabilities Facilities
- Public Facilities By Gender
- Other Areas (other than above)
I wrote the following:
- -Bicycle paths separated from motorised traffic
- -Footpaths in good repair – especially along Northam Road to the E & O
- -Pedestrian crossing markings on roads – and proper education so drivers understand they should stop for pedestrians.
- -Make it possible to swim in the sea again – reduce pollution and introduce turtles to eat jellyfish
- -Proper road and lane markings / Green Lane is international standard, Northam Road is good. Jalan Tanjong Bungah is a disgrace.
- -Advance notice on roads with road works so drivers can take alternative routes rather than be stuck in jams.
I will probably think of more later.