- If the chicken is in the fridge take it out a few hours earlier if possible
- Massage chicken with olive oil and pepper and salt, put in stuffing, and put into casserole dish
- Empty oven except bottom tray – or middle if a bigger oven
- Max heat (250)
- Function – far right – top & bottom heaters
- Set oven on timer – and when finished set once more – i.e. total two hours – for my simple table top oven
This recipe will make twice as much as you need to stuff a chicken. So you can freeze half for next time you want to stuff a chicken.
* 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
* 1/8 cup cranberries
* 1/8 cup orange peel
* 1/3 cup butter
* 4 cups bread crumbs
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon oregano / thyme etc
* turkey or chicken broth
* some chopped nuts
Sauté onion in the butter until softened. Combine onion mixture with bread, pepper, eggs, salt, etc. in a large mixing bowl. Stir in broth until well moistened. Enough for an 8 to 10-pound turkey. Twice what you need for a chicken.
Or, bake in a greased covered shallow casserole at 170° C for about 35 to 45 minutes. Take the cover off the last 5 minutes to brown.